Thursday, April 9, 2015

Agnostic Front - Victim in Pain ..hear the needle CRACK and POP


In the past I used to be an avid vinyl collector but since then I have off the band wagon. The main reason is space. Records and CDs tend to take up a lot of space. I already have an entire bedroom full of records, CDs, cassettes and VHS tapes. So I have become quite selective of what I buy these days. Not to ramble too off topic, vinyl. Another issue for the lay off of records is convenience. Yes records do have the best sound, but for me, I rarely have time to sit around the house to listen to them. My listening is mostly restrained to the car. So of course CDs, and dare I say MP3s, are the only option.
So what the hell does all that have to do with Victim in Pain? Well the other day I finally had some free time to turn on the record player. Of course, Victim was my choice. This record was extremely influential on my youth and listening to it today still gives me that raw, punk rock energy. When I first heard it, the first thing that grabbed my attention was the distorted bass guitar. That raw bulldozer weaved everything together into something special. From beginning to end, it is unrelenting and it can never be recreated.

For all you vinyl nerds, I am proud to say I have the original 1984 Rat Cage CAT# MOTR 29 pressing. It is definitely one of my prized possessions. I own this album in all its formats, but that original gatefold is the best! ………Well it was a prized possession until some drunk idiot tripped and went head first into the turntable and shattered the record….

No comments:

Post a Comment