Monday, January 26, 2015

PRETEEN DEATHFUK - Black Metal Crust from San Antonio!!


Was Preteen a creation formed out of your other band Plutonian Shore?
- No, Preteen started while I was in Plutonian Shore. Scott (guitarist and founder) had contacted back me in 2012 asking about session work. After I left Plutonian Shore, we decided to take Preteen full force.   

Correct me if I am wrong, but was your band name was taken from the Nattefrost song?
-Yes it is.




The band definitely captures a true black metal essence but is much more crust and punk compared to Plutonian Shore. Was that a goal to go into a slightly different direction?
- The direction was already set by Scott, the crust/punk was definitely new for me. I was glad to try out something different and challenging. 
I like the video studio reports you post during the recording process. It definitely keeps your fans updated on what you are up to. What other plans to you have as for new videos and such?
- As for the band, just videos regarding the progress of our new album. As for me as a session drummer, I will be posting new videos on my other projects, as well as cover videos on my session drummer page. (www.facebook.com/bryandevastation)

From the rehearsal videos, it looks as if you practice in a storage unit. I assume you practice during the off hours. Have you ever frightened some unexpected storage tenants?
- Yes we've practiced at all hours of the day and night. As for our neighboring tenants, I would say we have shocked, if not frightened them with our practice sessions hahahah. 

I really like the cold, black and white artwork that is used for your album covers. The images definitely convey a great visual to the music. Throne of Desecration and Submit to Him have more detailed artwork but my favorites are from your first two releases I Don’t Remember and I Am Not Here. The reason being is the simplistic artwork gives me the impression that the person who created it was very unstable and ill. I don’t just mean the content, but the style. Who is the artist or artists and what are your thoughts on creating a concept?
- The artist for "I Don't Remember" was Sang Ho Moon (Misanthropic Art Productions) and "I Am Not Here" artist is Maxime Taccardi (Maxime Taccardi Artworks). Scott always wanted to capture a brutal and dark concept on the album art.

This question is similar to the previous. Who created your logo? The manic overall look definitely looks psychotic and I mean that in a good way.
- Sang Ho Moon from Misanthropic Art Productions.
A while back I saw something about Plutonian Shore getting back together. Is this true? If so, what can we expect?
- Yes it is true, however, I left Plutonian back in May 2014 and I will not be making this return with them. 

Any final greetings or future aspirations you would like to share?

Hello this is Bryan Devastation from Preteen Deathfuk. Preteen Deathfuk in currently in the works for our third Album. We’ll keep you up to date with details and videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment