Friday, March 20, 2015

HEAVY METAL MOVIES Book review



Here we have another cool release by Bazillion Points. I just have to say that they are one of my favorite publishers. They just continue to press books that really speak to me. Already they’ve release such great titles as Swedish Death Metal and Metalion: The Slayer Mag Diaries.
Initially I expected this book to be like Destroy All Movies: The Complete Guide to Punks on Film. That book covered every movie imaginable that had some sort of punk rock element (fantastic book that I need to review as well). However Heavy Metal Movies is not limited to the music or culture on a film. It covers any movie that would seem to appeal to heavy metal listeners, everything from movies that have a metal soundtrack, documentaries, concert films, metal musicians acting to insane b-movies.
It’s definitely a great reference guide for looking up everything from the typical classics to long lost favorites. Although not completely illustrated, it still has a fair amount of rare movie posters that will remind you of a time long ago. At 560 pages, there’s a wealth of useless, yet fun knowledge. I highly recommend it. This is definitely not a book that will collect dust on my shelf!

Also below check out a good interview with the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment